- Your current project is to find a video on Youtube that illustrates one of the chapters 1-20 vocabulary words from Their Eyes Were Watching God.
- YOUR TARGET TIME IS UNDER ONE MINUTE. No video should be longer than two minutes. Videos need to be PG or a tasteful PG-13. When you are assigned a vocabulary word, you may take these steps to find a pertinent video:
1) To broaden your understanding of the word, do a Google search for "define: (vocabulary word)"
- My example here is "Sodden:"
2) You usually won't get a good Youtube example by just searching your vocab word.
- For example, no great results the results for "Sodden:"
- So, look at the vocab list definition and the Google definitions; look for key words and think about an example of something that would illustrate your word.
- "Sodden" means to get soaked with water. Trying to think of a way something would get covered in water, my ideas for searches are: "wet cat," "wet dog," "fall in pool," and "lots of rain."
3) Search Youtube.
My results are:
-"wet cat" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHGjn_F63H8
- "wet dog" - nothing good
- "fall in pool" - I found a funny example, but there was swearing at the end
- "lots of rain" - nothing good
4) If you're stuck ask a neighbor.
- I got the idea from somebody else, "trampoline pool fail."
- Searching "trampoline pool fail" - lots of funny results, but not much showing somebody actually soaked: just lots of videos of people getting hurt. After looking at a couple, I found this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUc9ivjSoHo
5) Turn in your assignment as a reply to this post:
-A) Write our name and homeroom
-B) Have a link to your video
- check that your link works