We will be copying this format, with a few additions and changes. I hope to see some analysis from you that is as perceptive as their commentary.
- Come on Monday, April 2, with your first, second, third choice for poems you would like to analyze. We'll choose in class to make sure no-one chooses the same poem.
Creating Your Wiki:
- Use comment boxes that highlight particular words in the poem to analyze those words and the literary devices that are being used there.
- At the bottom of the poem, go through the 4 “Poetry Thinking and Marking” steps, writing short paragraphs on each step.
- Either as part of the body of the poem or the paragraphs below it, include links to at least two other reputable critics’ ideas about the poem. Comment on those ideas, adding your own analysis.
- Include Works Cited at the bottom of your document.
Sharing Your Wiki:
- In your google doc, click “Share,” and choose “Public on the Web” Then, in the drop down menu, change the settings to “Anyone can comment”.
- Email Mrs. Poulsen your completed wiki by Friday, April 13.
- Once I upload your links to my website, then sign in to your google account, and comment on your partner’s wiki as well as on 3 others’ wikis.
- You will be graded on your understanding of the poem, independence of thought, persuasiveness of your analysis, and clarity of your writing.
I expect the same level of in-depth analysis that you show in your essays-- just with a new form.