"Liberating education consists in acts of cognition, not transferrals of information." -Paulo Friere

Friday, August 23, 2013

Welcome back to school!

Hello students! I'm very excited about all the great books we're going to read together, and all the interesting ideas we'll encounter along the way. 

Your first assignment is to answer the following questions, sending them in an email to me. Follow these directions carefully.

The subject of the email should be your full name and your class. If you have both a Chinese and English name, write the one you want me to call you first, and your other name second. Here is an example of what a subject should look like: Sofia (Shu Fay) Poulsen, 10A.

Answer these questions in the body of your email:

Contact information:

1. Write the email address where I can contact you.

2. Write your parents' full names, their email addresses, and phone numbers where I can contact each of them.

Now I want to check that you can find your way around my blog.

3. On the bottom of this page, you'll see a list that says "Classroom documents." Open the document titled "Rules and Procedures". What is the difference in my late policy for daily assignments verses major assignments? 

4. What consequence will you receive if you cheat in my class?

5. Open the document "Sourcebook guidelines." How should you mark homework assignments in your sourcebook so that I can easily find them?

6. Go down to the bottom of the blog, and look at the Assignment Calendar. If you click on the blue "next" arrow, you will see September's assignments. Each class's due dates are written in a different color. What color code did I give your class?

7. From the assignment calendar, what is the date of your first test, and what will the general topic of the test be?


Send the answers to these 7 questions (check that you got the subject right, or I'll take points off!) to my email address: ruth.andronica@gmail.com. This email is due September 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment